How do I get rid of unusable application icon on launcher?

Owen Thomas owen.paul.thomas at gmail.com
Fri May 24 12:48:25 UTC 2019

My problem is very simple: I have a Netbeans icon on the launcher that
flashes for a while then does nothing. If I remove it from the launcher,
start Netbeans from a CLI window, lock the icon to the launcher, close the
open Netbeans session and then try to start Netbeans from the launcher
again, the same thing happens again.

It should be a simple matter to fix, but I guess nothing's quite that
simple in the Ubuntu launcher. I suppose I'll just have to wear the Ubuntu
grin and start Netbeans from a CLI session from now on.