USB permissions question

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Sat May 18 14:11:05 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-18 10:07, Richard Kimber wrote:
> If I create a script on a USB stick plugged into my system it's
> permissions are:
> -rw-r--r--

Your problem is almost certainly that your USB is FAT-32 formatted.
You're not going to be able to do much with that unless you reformat it.
  HOWEVER... you *can* cheat.  Whatever language your script is written
in (bash, Ruby, Python, whatever) is written with -- duh -- that
language.  So, to wit:
ruby /path/to/usb/script.rb

And lo!  It'll execute just ducky.