Upgrade problem

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat May 18 06:53:18 UTC 2019

On Fri, 17 May 2019 22:54:06 -0700, Bob wrote:
>I am having a problem upgrading to 19.04 from 18.10 using the GUI.

Hi,

what problem do you have? Without describing the issue, we can't
recommend to run something from command line.

>What commands do I need to run in a terminal to upgrade the system?

Usually 04 releases are LTS releases, regarding
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases 19.04 seems to  be no LTS. However,
perhaps do-release-upgrade considers it as a LTS, so it will not work
until 19.04.1 is released. As a workaround you could use the "-d"
option to upgrade, see
https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/installing-upgrading.html.en#do-release-upgrade.

Since we don't know what problem you experience when trying to upgrade
by the GUI, I recommend that you don't use command line.

Regards,
Ralf