Merging two linux partitions

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Tue May 14 13:58:55 UTC 2019

On 2019-05-13 21:51, Phil wrote:

> So, the
> question is how do I merge the Linux partition with the new partition
> without losing any data?

IDLE MUSINGS AHEAD -- NO PRACTICAL APPLICATION

So, I got to thinking about how one *would* merge two partitions... and
I don't really have a good answer.  I mean, for example, how do you deal
with identically-named files/directories?  Which made me think the whole
thing was simply impossible, when it occurred to me that there were
"union" FS options which, logically, merged multiple partitions.  Just
wondering if anyone knows how *those* dealt with identical filenames and
any other obstacles?

-K