Merging two linux partitions

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue May 14 13:48:35 UTC 2019

On Tue, 14 May 2019 09:22:49 -0400 (EDT), Robert Heller wrote:
>Be careful to leave the start exactly as it is.

Btw. even if the OP should need to move the partition, it unlikely will
cause more trouble than the need to reinstall the bootloader. I never
lost data when using gparted or command line to reorganise partitions
or at least I don't remember that this ever happened. I only wanted to
point out that using a copy command is not failure-prone compared to
reorganising partitions. Usually nothing unwanted happens when
using gparted or command line. However, a backup doesn't harm.