GUI to CLI Modechange automatically

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Wed May 8 12:40:27 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 08, 2019 at 05:59:35PM +0530, Pin2 wrote:
>    dear team,
>    i am using Ubuntu 18.04, in which i had removed few applications such
>    as firefox, python3.6 and then after that i got an error message that
>    my terminal is stucked when i restarted the system than it's changed to
>    CLI mode, kinldy suggest what causes this error.

What was the last thing on the screen? Although apparently it is popular
now to suppress that start up :) Why did you get rid of python or is
that not the newest version you have? A lot of stuff uses that.

I had a worse problem with grub after destroying mount and nmount
during a botched upgrade- apparently nothing could lock and started
crashing and then grub would not work. I'm hoping the standalone grub
on EFI is a bit less dependent on other things now but
before you start deleting things I often rename them or move them
so I can get them back easily. If tight on space, compress them.