OT: greenish area in new monitor

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Thu May 2 05:16:35 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 02, 2019 01:53:13 AM -0000, Jonesy via ubuntu-users wrote:

> >> In that case I shall be amazed if it is not a hardware problem on the
> >> monitor.  To prove it you either need another monitor to plug in the
> >> PC or another PC to plug the monitor into.
>
> As well, look for a bent pin.

Yesterday evening I managed to borrow one more monitor, a Samsung
SyncMaster226bw. It is now connected to the same computer with the
same HDMI *cable*, and shows none of those problems. I still have to
configure it completely, but that is another thread. So it seems
confirmed that it is, indeed, a hardware problem inside the HP
monitor. No bent pins. Too bad, really. At this point, even if the
monitor *is* too damaged for regular use, I would really like to read
your guesses as to WHAT, exactly, may cause this kind of malfunction.

Thanks,
		Marco
--
M. Fioretti http://mfioretti.com                   http://stop.zona-m.net