can't find asus wifi after wiping W10 for mint

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 02:34:08 UTC 2019

On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 4:19 PM Peter Flynn <peter at silmaril.ie> wrote:

:

> Oh dear. I'm sorry about that. Somewhere at the entrance to Linuxland
> there should be a large sign which says never to do this with Asus. A
> lot of their stuff is designed specifically to be Windows-only, and will
> either never work with Linux or only after a few years when enough is
> known about the devices for one of the driver gurus to be able to write
> the necessary code.
>
> As Liam said, it's possible that that has now happened, so a firmware
> upgrade may fix the problem.
>
> Asus machines should come with a warning label.

I only had one experience with an ASUS laptop.  I installed Xubuntu,
but it never worked properly.  In fact, I don't thik I ever got it to
boot.

I installed Mint and ti functioned for a few days, but ultimately I
gave up, bought an HP (which works just fine with Linux).  Then I
reinstalled Win 7 and sold the ASUS.  At a significant loss, I might
add, but just to have the cursed thing out of my sight was worth the
loss.

Their support group was totally unhelpful.

I'll never buy one of their machines, of any kind or configuration, again.