floppy disks?

Grizzly Real_Grizz_Adams at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 9 19:12:07 UTC 2019

09 March 2019  at 8:21, Dave Stevens wrote:
Re: floppy disks? (at least in part)

>so if you get that far you'll be able to read a 5.25" diskette, then
>what? The same old machine is not likely to have a usb socket or know
>what to do about FAT32, maybe look for a dial-up modem? and so on,
>you may have to reproduce the stages of storage access in the
>intervening years. Perhaps 5.25" to 3.5" and then a more recent Linux
>will have good support for old filesystems.

I have a few PC's that still have 3.5" floppies, and I also have a couple of
ribbon cables that have 2 x both types of header so if I can find my old 5.25"
drive I could test, these same PC's do have USB, (Win95c supported USB) as for
Fat32 that came with Win98se (for home use anyway), and "if" the OP's box is
missing a USB maybe a PCI USB card would do