Filesystem corruption

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Wed Jun 26 15:13:04 UTC 2019

Am Mittwoch, den 26.06.2019, 08:40 -0600 schrieb compdoc:
> You can run the memtest86 that Ubuntu usually has
> as a boot option, or download and boot it from the web. Let it run
> several passes.

Good. I'll do it.

> Power supplies in desktop computers can fail in weird
> ways, too.
>
> You mentioned using the ssd as a cache. how is that setup?

It's a feature of the device-mapper, called "LVM cache" or "dm-cache".
It was quite complicated to set up, especially to get the cache
activated at boot time.

I have made instructions for myself, so I can repeat it again.

> Corruption
> isn't a common thing. Do you think you might have lost power while
> the
> machine was writing to a drive?

I had done a hard reset, on two occasions... I had to do e2fsck, at the
next boot time.

Cheers
Volker