ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 178, Issue 2

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Jun 1 22:22:06 UTC 2019

On Sat, 1 Jun 2019 15:02:55 -0700, john johnson wrote:
>I have an installed ap iptraf when I type iptraf in terminal with and
>with out sudo I get a  command not found error how do I fix this I was
>sure there was a way usibg apt to fix broken apts I have tried
>installing iptraf again it fails telling me I have the latest version
>of iptraf or should I purge it and start over on it

Hi,

you are probably using an Ubuntu release > 16.04.

"/usr/sbin/iptraf" -
https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/amd64/iptraf/filelist

For newer Ubuntu releases it's a "transitional package to
iptraf-ng" (for example https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/iptraf).

"/usr/sbin/iptraf-ng" -
https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/amd64/iptraf-ng/filelist

IOW try running

  iptraf-ng

;).

A hint regarding digest replies.

If you chose MIME Digest
( "A MIME digest has each message as an attachment inside the message"
http://www.list.org/mailman-member/node28.html )
instead of plain text digest, you could reply without breaking subject
and thread.

Regards,
Ralf