UBUNTU OSX partition

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Sat Jun 1 00:41:16 UTC 2019

At Fri, 31 May 2019 17:23:17 -0700 "Ubuntu user technical support,  not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I have UBUNTU and OSX installed on a Mac. Both operating systems are working
> perfectly but I am new to linux and am wondering if my partition scheme
> makes sense. The hard drive is 251 GB. Partition 1 says EFI 210 MB FAT. The
> second partition says MAC 211 GB APFS. Partition 3 says Swap 4.0 GB.
> Partition 4 says 36 GB Ext 4. Is this correct? It would seem to me that I
> would try to split the hard drive more evenly between OSX and UBUNTU. If
> changing the partition makes sense can I do this in either UBUNTO or OSX
> without reinstalling?

It might be easier (and less "dangerious") to just mount the OSX partition on
the Ubuntu. 36G is more than enough for just the O/S. Mounting the OSX
partition and "sharing" /Users/... would be easy. It would also make it
trivial to share things like your personal data files (documents, etc.) under
both O/Ss.

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933