Request for explanation of error message

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 29 12:34:54 UTC 2019

hi,
Am Montag, den 29.07.2019, 19:48 +0800 schrieb Bret Busby:

> The RAM was changed on 15 July, from a Kingston 8GB DDR 4 2400MHz
> card, to
> "
> Corsair 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR4 Vengeance LPX
> Ryzen Black C16 2400MHz (CMK32GX4M2Z2400C16)
> "
>
> I am including that, here, on the off-chance that that may have
> something to do with this.

easy to test if you still have the old RAM around ... change it back
and see if the errors vanish ;)

seemingly this ram is "optimized for AMZ Ryzen CPUs" while it "can also
run on Intel X99, 100 und 200 series mainboards"

your system is an intel i3 (sadly the HW description doesnt tell what
mainboard you have (sudo dmidecode should print that somewhere in its
output though), but probably not an X99, 100 or 200 series one) ...

the date when you changed the ram matches the point in time when your
logs started growing, so try if moving back to the old one helps .. if
it does i'd assume your new ram is simply incompatible with that system

ciao
	oli