Request for explanation of error message

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 28 20:06:36 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 03:45:13AM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:

> > I have previously posted, a number of times, a copy of a repeating
> > error that loops.
> >

> See the first message in the thread.

At this point it may help just to check again and find the whole loop,
not just the last 30 or was that at least one entire loop?
The things I remember was unable to set the lock fil in /tmp
but you posted /tmp was writable by all. So, right now,
that is about all we have to go on. Either it is full, someone else
is deleting it, or the code that is supposed to create it never executes.
I guess someone else could be writing it, preventing the complainer
from locking but you could look to see if it is there or shows up in lsof.

That may be easy to try, if it is stillcomplaining about a lock
file,

lsof | grep offending-file-name

and see if it held by another.

--