copy/paste not working

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Jul 21 18:29:23 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-07-21 at 11:01 -0700, rikona wrote:
> Do you mean "klipper"? That is listed in Ubuntu S/W. If so, installing
> that apparently removes parts of KDE. Would that impact the several
> older[not current] KDE pgms I run?

Hi,

you probably have got an inconsistent install with third party packages,
since kubuntu-full https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/kubuntu-full as
well as kubuntu-desktop
https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/kubuntu-desktop depend on
plasma-desktop https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/plasma-desktop, which
depends on plasma-workspace
https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial-updates/plasma-workspace, the package
that contains klipper. I doubt that installing klipper from the official
repositories does require to remove KDE packages from official Ubuntu
repositories. However, the reason that copy and paste is broken for you,
might be related to this inconsistency.

Regards,
Ralf