Newest Gnome versus LTS

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Thu Jul 18 15:58:07 UTC 2019

Hi!

Here comes a message which is actually on-topic for this thread.  ;-)

I've set up an Ubuntu 18.04 LTS system, and am in the process of
recovering. There are still no signs of data corruption. Although it
is still unknown what caused it, some two weeks ago.

I've decided to stick with the LTS releases. I just don't want to set
up everything *again*, every six months, when the next release-upgrade
fails.

It's good to have that the overall stability of an LTS version is
better that in a regular release. But it can't be as bad as with KDE.
So this was not a that important point to me.

Bye
Volker