wiped disk - no longer bootable

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Mon Jul 15 10:46:34 UTC 2019

On 7/15/19 4:19 AM, Liam Proven wrote:

> * I don't like LVM and don't use it. It makes life too complex. IMHO
> it is only worth it on big servers with multiple hard disks
I don't use it either, which is why I don't know a lot about it. Way
back when, lots of utilities that I used to repair system wouldn't work
with it.

However, many have used LVM and encryption successfully for years, and
the Ubuntu installer defaults to it for encryption. And lots of
utilities will work with it now. Therefore, I have to declare it safe
and sound, and a reasonable choice. Its the using of a 500Gig drive as
cache that's stupid when SSDs are so fast and reliable, and OSes and
programs will cache intelligently for you these days.