How to keep Gnome up to date in a LTS system

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Fri Jul 12 10:39:56 UTC 2019

Hi

I'm wonderung, if you have an Ubuntu LTS version, how do you get
recent Gnome3 upgrades? I mean, sooner than in two years, with the
next LTS version. I want to stick to LTS, since Lian Proven
recommended it (and he seems competent).

I've searched for Gnome PPAs, but this one gives more than 2000 (!) hits:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+ppas?name_filter=gnome

I've also googled some, but couldn't find the answer.

So how do you (gnome-using) guys keep your gnome up to date? I've
heard that there is a lot of developing going on for Gnome.

Cheers
Volker