Can one make Eye of Gnome detect file type rather than use suffix?

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 10:06:20 UTC 2019

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 at 23:13, Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:

>  (I just got some images mailed to me which had suffix JPG but
> were actually PNG files).

I don't often promote Windows stuff but I must admit I've never found
a Linux image viewer I like nearly as much as IrfanView yet.

Anyway. That's an error. IMHO a *good* viewer should offer to fix
those files for you by renaming them.

> File viewers like ristretto ignore the suffix and can view the files
> OK but Eye of Gnome outputs an error.  I want to use Eye of Gnome for
> its printing ability.

Of course, failing that, you could just do it yourself. Then you could
print them from EoG.