wiped disk - no longer bootable

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Jul 10 13:26:18 UTC 2019

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 12:26:46 +0000, Mike Marchywka wrote:
>No one is drinking circuit boards

But we breathe while soldering, IIRC by law we needed to solder <= 190°C
to reduce halogens in the air. The temperature (190°C or what ever else
it was) wasn't an issue, when using classic leaded solder.

>If you look at overall junk creation by making repair impossible you
>can see even with green technologies there are a lot of tradeoffs

Even if repair is possible, usually it doesn't pay to repair
predetermined breaking points or end of support computer gear.