wiped disk - no longer bootable

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Jul 9 16:47:19 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-07-09 at 18:35 +0200, Volker Wysk wrote:
> Zitat von Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>:
>
> > Initialize the HDD and the SSD by generating new MBRs (or if you
> > prefer GPTs) and reformat them with virgin ext4 partitions.
>
> Sorry, I couldn't find out how to create an MBR from scratch.

My apologies, it's just not my day, as you might have noticed by some of
my other replies :D.

I should have written less about KISS, but instead give the hint
fortunately compdoc provided on Tue, 2019-07-09 at 07:54 -0600:

> Boot Gparted and create new partition tables, MBR or GPT

AFAIK all Ubuntu and Ubuntu flavor desktop live media by default come
with gparted, so you don't need to burn a new media. If I should be
mistaken, you just need to run

  sudo apt update && sudo apt install gparted

after booting an Ubuntu {,flavour} live media.