Filesystem corruption - Problem strikes again

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 20:28:23 UTC 2019

Hey there,

Volker Wysk wrote:

>The !$"% problem shows again. I can't boot any longer. The password
>is rejected. When started in recovery mode, it says that the volume
>group "ubuntu-vg" is not found, and that /dev/sdb2 can't be unlocked
>because it is not a valid LUKS device. /dev/sdb2 is the (encrypted)
>part of the SSD, in which the cache for the HDD is stored.

Maybe one of these pages will be of use:

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=can%27t+be+unlocked+becauseit+is+not+a+valid+LUKS+device

The Linux Mint forum suggestion for typing out your password in a
text editor (or into a field that doesn't hide the characters) to
look at it and make sure it looks right might help. I've occasionally
left the caps-lock key on when it should have been off or vice versa
and/or forgotten to add punctuation or characters to a password even
when it's one I use regularly. Maybe you're having the same type of
issue at the moment.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.