Fwd: Filesystem corruption - Problem strikes again

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Mon Jul 8 18:34:13 UTC 2019

Hello

The !$"% problem shows again. I can't boot any longer. The password is
rejected. When started in recovery mode, it says that the volume group
"ubuntu-vg" is not found, and that /dev/sdb2 can't be unlocked because
it is not a valid LUKS device. /dev/sdb2 is the (encrypted) part of
the SSD, in which the cache for the HDD is stored.

I'd send a photo, but the mailing list rules don't allow that.

So the problem occurs very early, when unlocking the crypto discs. Not
sure what that tells us.

Any ideas??

Bye
Volker