Thanks for: [OT] best (Linux based!) all-in-one NAS-VPN-firewall?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Mon Jul 8 05:19:04 UTC 2019

Many thanks to all who answered this request, and added very useful
general comments. I have synthesized all the feedback collected here
and elsewhere, and forwarded the result to the client. We'll know how
it ends next month.

For the record, and to give more context: both the client and I know,
and agree with, that "putting all eggs in one basket" is a BAD
idea. No question about that. And I am not even supposed to be the one
who makes the final choice, or the one who eventually builds and
manages whatever is chosen. The question came out informally, while
chatting about other parts of my assignment, because neither I nor the
client (who was way more competent than me on this, until he changed
line of work) are not up to date on **specific** products and projects
in this field. And its meaning was "what is the most efficient way,
time-wise, to get this done well?" We needed help to refresh our view
of the "market", and you provided it.

Thanks!

Marco