problems packaging kernel

Hajo Locke Hajo.Locke at gmx.de
Thu Jul 4 13:23:56 UTC 2019

Hello List,

hope this is the right place for this question. If not please give me a
hint.
I try to compile and package current 4.4.0 kernel from Ubuntu 16 in an
Ubuntu 14 Environment. Compiling itself works, but packaging fails with
weird message.
I explain my procedure.
On Ubuntu 16 i aquired sources with: apt-get source
linux-image-unsigned-4.4.0-154-generic
I transfered this to a Ubuntu 14 Server, installed all dependencies and
start packaging with: dpkg-buildpackage
Compiling works, late i get this error:

echo "interest linux-update-4.4.0-154-generic"
 >"debian/linux-image-unsigned-4.4.0-154-generic.triggers"
# Install the postinit/postrm scripts in the extras package.
if [ -f debian.master/control.d/generic.inclusion-list ] ; then \
                 ; \
         fi
/bin/bash: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
make: *** [install-generic] Fehler 2
dpkg-buildpackage: Fehler: Fehler-Exitstatus von debian/rules binary war 2

This sequence can be found in debian/rules.d/2-binary-arch.mk and for me
there is nothing unusual:

ifeq ($(do_extras_package),true)
         # Install the postinit/postrm scripts in the extras package.
         if [ -f $(DEBIAN)/control.d/$(target_flavour).inclusion-list ]
; then   \
                 $(call
install_control,$(mods_extra_pkg_name)-$*,extra,postinst postrm); \
         fi
endif

I have no idea why this is happening. I upgraded bash and some other
compile-packages to Ubuntu16 level, but this has no  effect and error
message repeats.
Does anybody have a hint? I expect that an unknown package should be
upgraded too or some system env is required. not a clue...
What do you think?

Thanks,
Hajo