Ubuntu installed, UEFI and booting from CD ROM to install Opensuse

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 10:46:03 UTC 2019

On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 at 00:23, bilal ghayyad via ubuntu-users
<ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hello;
>
> I have a Dell Computer (OptiPlex 7060) which is running Ubuntu and its BIOS is UEFI. I need to boot from CD ROM to install OpenSuSe using ISO file, I checked the BIOS setup (Boot Sequence) and did not find the ability to select CD ROM to be from the sequence. So, how I will boot from CDROM?
>
> Can it boot without need to add the CD ROM? Why I can Add the CD ROM as sequence?
>
> I tried to disable the Security Boot but still I can not select or CD ROM as sequence.
>
> Appreciate the kindly help.

You're on the wrong mailing list for openSUSE stuff, you know.

Try one of these:
https://lists.opensuse.org/

General comments:

[1] Update your firmware to the latest version before you begin.

[2] Try pressing F12 after the POST completes, to pick the boot device

[3] If you don't get an option, try writing the ISO to a USB key instead.

[4] What version of openSUSE are you using?