Motion problems

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 14 13:17:09 UTC 2019

hi,
Am Montag, den 14.01.2019, 12:02 +0000 schrieb Grizzly via ubuntu-
users:
> Hi All
>
> I installed Motion on Bionic, configered it for streaming and tested
> with
> browser via localhost with no problem, screen showed output from
> integral
> webcam
>
> Next step was check over my local network, but this failed, added a
> service &
> firewall rule to my router (aka port forwarding on other routers)
> still no joy
>
> Any pointers to what I may have missed or got wrong?

i do maintain an experimental motion snap in the snap store, to make it
work out of the box i had to change the "webcontrol_localhost off" in
motion.conf, seems upstream picked the most secure options and defaults
to only allow localhost if you do not touch the config ...

check if that option is turned off in your config (or feel free to use
my snap "sudo snap install motion-ogra --edge", the config for it lives
in /var/snap/motion-ogra/<version>/motion.conf )

ciao
	oli