Ubuntu 18.04.2 unresponsive on hd activity

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:34:58 UTC 2019

>note new address
> Mike Marchywka 306 Charles Cox Drive Canton, GA 30115
> 2295 Collinworth  Drive Marietta GA 30062.  formerly 487 Salem Woods Drive Marietta GA 30067 404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message 989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency

I'm pretty sure that was just a typo although for a total freeze - vs "king od unresponsive"-
I have seen something similar.
I have seen the screen freeze until I hit the control key alone
on my old Ubuntu on a Dell Latitutde. It does however appear to
be the screen freezing except IIRC for the cursor responding to the mouse.
Hitting ctrl allows the backlogged clicks to execute. So, there may be something
to a quirky command - I keep suspecting the browse in my case but
just a hunch.

Running 'Beaver off of a USB stick has worked well for me but the whole thing
can hang waiting for VM  ( also on SSD). When the browser ( Chromium in optimize_for_size )
starts opening ad subframes all my memory gets depleted until i can kill them and the whole
thing hangs. It can take minutes for the task manger to respond....

Although I'm curious if this is just slow where the bottlebeck is.