Help with video sound

Douglas Pollard dougpol2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 16:37:15 UTC 2019

I have I have xubuntu 18.04 installed on and old dell optimzer 780 box.
IT is a dual boot system with mint 19  on a second drive I have tried
Kdenlive on both hard drives and tried open shot video editor on both
drives neither can show a video wave form on the time line.I then
installed cinelerra and still no wave form. I have good sound in all
cases. I need the wave for to edit out all the aaa's and's I use. I am
think It could be a hardware or software problem or maybe my canon video
camera is put out faulty sound.I believe I Have the newest stable
versions of all soft ware. I have been struggling with this over a week
and If I don't get a video out pretty sioop I suspect I will loodse3
most of my You tube viewers. If someone can offer a suggestion  i Would
appreciate it. Douglas Pollard