Debugging bash scripts.

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Feb 16 21:31:29 UTC 2019

On Sat, 16 Feb 2019 20:21:57 +0000, Mike Marchywka wrote:
>But anyway my point was for debugging I just finally made methods for
>everything- so for example none of the scripts   will call "wget" but
>rather have variables with values like "/foo/wget -q" or "/foo/wget -S
>-v" depending on how debug flags are set. This let's you easily debug
>for learning and dealing with unexpected web events.

Indeed "verbose" options are more useful than "quite" options are and
there are pitfalls when using "&&" (or "||"), since they not
necessarily do the job, let alone "&", regarding race
conditions, especially, if shell external commands and more especially,
if special command, such as web related commands are used.

For example

man bash | grep wget

returns absolutely nothing.

Actually scripts are not a programming language. Are scripts a
markup or interpretor languaben and what does it all mean related to a
debugger? ;)!