Questions about Ubuntu 18.04 live/install ISO

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Fri Feb 15 16:25:59 UTC 2019

At Fri, 15 Feb 2019 16:58:45 +0100 "Ubuntu user technical support,  not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 at 16:37, compdoc <compdoc at hotrodpc.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 2/15/19 8:33 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
> >
> > > If it's in a VM, you could have just copied-and-pasted the text, no?
> > >
> > no
>
> I've done with Vagrant-created ones. But OK. Still seems an
> inefficient way of doing it, but hey.

It is the way the Virt Manager works. Once I get the virtual machine up and
running, I make sure OpenSSH Server is running and create ssh keys, and then
use slogin, etc. and dispense with Virt Manager, except when rebooting to new
kernels or doing things that require the VM "screen". (It might be possible to
use virsh and make virtualization create a "virtual" serial console, but I
don't know if Ubuntu Desktop will let itself be installed that way. *Maybe*
Ubuntu Server would, but that is not what I want at this point.  What I am
doing this for is to have a "bleeding edge" Linux so I can use a "bleeding
edge" webbrowser for certain websites that insist on a such a browser (stupid
damn overpaid idiot web app programmers).

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933