How to increase the size of root (/) on an ubuntu installer ISO

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Sun Dec 29 11:36:37 UTC 2019

On 2019-12-28 21:35, Harry Putnam wrote:
> I'd like to increase the size of the root filesystem on Focal Fossa
> install *.iso

I'm a little confused. You want to increase the size of / on the live
install boot image? Pretty sure the answer is, "You don't." That's a
temporary environment set up out of available RAM. If you want to
continue to run off USB stick and not do an install onto your hard disk,
I suppose I might see if doing an install to (say) a 64-GB USB stick
might do the job, and then you could boot off of that, instead.

Of course, that assumes I got your intent correctly.

-Ken