Ubuntu hardware trends

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 11:40:39 UTC 2019

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 at 19:08, Andrey Ponomarenko
<andrewponomarenko at yandex.ru> wrote:

> Hello all.
>
> This is a new statistical report on Ubuntu-powered hardware based on Linux-Hardware.org data: https://github.com/linuxhw/Trends/tree/master/Dist/Ubuntu
>

> Thanks!

Hi Andrey,

This list is for Ubuntu user technical support, not spamming personal
projects. Please be more mindful of this in the future, I'd also
suggest spamming multiple lists at once isn't in the best interests of
your project.

As a safety warning, I'd recommend no one follow the previous
instructions which I have deliberately removed from my reply.
Downloading random software designed to collect and upload unknown
information from your computer to someone else's server is a pretty
terrible idea in general terms, especially when there are already
official packages for the same purpose [1].

[1] http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/eoan/man8/hwinfo.8.html

Regards,

Jared
(on behalf of the moderation team)