Wanted: suggestions for calibre/linux compatible ebook reader

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Thu Dec 5 08:07:54 UTC 2019

On Wed, Dec 04, 2019 17:12:08 PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 04, 2019 at 05:50:14PM +0100, M. Fioretti wrote:

> > I am surely forgetting to ask some question, but the word is to you
> > now. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
> >
> The "available on Amazon" bit makes it rather difficult as that does
> rather tend to limit you to kindles and they are tightly locked in to
> Amazon's proprietary formats.
>
> You wan't get one that *doesn't* have WiFi though you don't have to
> use the WiFi of course.

Yes, I had already realized that. What I meant in practice is that I
don't care if wifi is weak, slow... I would appreciate if I can turn
it off to make the battery last even longer, that's all.

About the "available on amazon". True, of course, but there are some
options. After your email, I checked the Kobo devices: the Forma costs
~240 EUR, but the "Kobo Clara HD" is at ~110 EUR now, and from the
reviews looks reliable, and with a very good screen. Its only problem
is that it is SMALLER than I asked, 6 inches, but maybe that is
acceptable, I will check with the "end user". What do you think?

Thanks.
Marco

--

M. Fioretti http://mfioretti.com                   http://stop.zona-m.net