systemd / active (exited)

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Aug 31 08:45:18 UTC 2019

On Fri, 30 Aug 2019 13:48:44 +0100, Peter Flynn wrote:
>On 30/08/2019 13:10, Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users wrote:
>> On Fri, 30 Aug 2019 11:44:03 +0200, Liam Proven wrote:
>[...]
>>> Perhaps the ancients were right. Perhaps there are some things
>>> mankind was not _meant_ to understand.
>
>Brexit being one of them :-)

It's not that hard to understand the reason for something irrational
such as the Brexit. Actually it's possible to understand systemd good
enough to use it, nowadays it at least is easier to accept systemd, than
using Linux with another init system and since it's just computer
stuff, it's way easier to avoid trouble while using systemd, than
to suffer from  way older issues, such as those related to general human
survival.

If we thought out "things" we are abused to be ambivalent or to suffer
from a personality disorder, while it's normal, for "normal" humans to
consider something as "Mit Scheidung.de finden Sie Ihr Glück!" -
https://www.scheidung.de/ as normal. IOW for me it's not understandable
why being ambivalent in the first place is an issue, but doing
something stupid in the first place is considered to be rational.

If we do something wrong in the first place, we usually realize that
it is wrong after around 3 days, current psychology confirms this
(at least read the ICD or way better the DSM), we actually could
stop to continue doing it, but that is considered to be sick. In work
life, relationships and societies it's preferred to go with the flow,
even if there's no doubt that is fatally wrong. Nothing is new of what
is told by Greta Thunberg, it was already known in the seventies.
Societies have got tendencies to stay with something wrong until it's
too late and then they hype it.

However, it doesn't matter if systemd is a good or bad init system
compared to other init systems. It has got not much influence to our
computer usage. For some of us it might be an annoyance, but even then
it's nothing more than an annoyance, it's not something fatally wrong.

No joke, breaking the seals and reading the fine manual helps to
workaround annoyances. It is not comparable to the "real" issues of
live.

Joking apart, systemd is double Dutch when it is new to somebody, but
it is not a closed book, we are free to open the book.