[Solved ?] How can I transfer photos from my IPhone to my desktop computer?

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 20:14:08 UTC 2019

Hey there,

Bill wrote:

>WS=> I thank you for your input but  it would be far easier for my
>friend to just email the photos from her IPhone to her Linux
>computer. The reason for this is that she doesn't even know about
>the existence of the command line.  If she started to monkey around,
>she might mess up the operating system.  She is not a techie like
>you.
>
>Thanks for the help.

Email will work, but isn't necessarily private. There are also size
limitations, which could become a problem for her if she ends up
wanting to send large files.

If she uses an iCloud account to log onto her iPad, she can open any
browser on her GNU/Linux machine, visit the https://www.icloud.com/
page, and log in using the iCloud account.

She can then manage all of her data on the iPad directly from that
browser interface, downloading, uploading, creating new files,
deleting files, etc. Everything she does on the iPad or in that
browser interface will happen in real-time in both locations.

Note that she'll need to have her iPad handy each time she does this
because Apple sends a security code to the iPad and asks for it when
you log on via the browser. That's probably configurable, but I like
it, so I haven't checked.

I use this method all the time to transfer information to and from my
iPad. I chose it as the path of least resistance after considering a
couple of options.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.