How can I transfer photos from my IPhone to my desktop computer?

Bill bstanle at wowway.com
Thu Aug 15 23:17:15 UTC 2019

On 8/15/19 4:05 PM, Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running iTunes in a VirtualBox Windows 7 guest for file sharing, but
> will migrate to a Windows 10 guest soon. Transferring photos and videos
> from my iPads works by the Windows 7 guest without iTunes, by just using
> the Windows file manager. Just one time I experienced an issue. The app
> https://apps.apple.com/us/app/audioshare/id543859300 is useful for all
> kinds of files, not just for audio files. It allows to use iTunes' file
> sharing, to transfer photos and videos and other files, too. By default
> iTunes' file sharing doesn't provide access to photos and videos, as
> already mentioned, this needs to be done by the Windows file manager,
> but AudioShare provides an indirect way via iTunes' file sharing.
>
> However, some info is available by
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/IOS .
>
> Btw. I did not use it to transfer files, but ifuse allows to access them
> (excepted of photos and videos, but probably AudioShare could work
> around it):
>
> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2019-May/046437.html
>
> A reply mentioned wifi:
>
> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2019-May/046438.html
>
> While VirtualBox provides USB3 support, I need to stay with USB2 when
> using the Windows 7 guest. Perhaps USB3 works when using a Windows 10
> guest.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

WS=> First a disclaimer (that doesn't really change things.) The IPhone
and Linux computer are not actually mine but belong to a friend that
needs technical help.  I am not familiar with any Apple product so I
couldn't help.

 From what I can gather, this works with Windows only.  Can the Apple
app that you gave a link to also download directly to Linux?  If this is
the only way, the computer can dual boot to Windows but this would add
another layer of complexity which we would like to avoid.