Firefox not saving passwords (68.0.1 on Ubuntu)

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Aug 6 10:24:05 UTC 2019

On Tue, 06 Aug 2019 18:48:05 +1000, Karl Auer wrote:
>> [MFA] does not improve security at all
>
>Every now and then you're just plain wrong, Ralf, but we love ya anyway
>:-)

Multi-factor authentication is like secure boot, faking to make
something more secure, but actually it only becomes more complicated.
Something more complicated is also something more insecure. Actually
usually neither normal user accounts, nor multi-factor authenticated
user accounts are hacked, usually the servers of the companies are
hacked. This happened before the multi-factor authentication hype and
continues with multi-factor authentication.

The most funny thing is, that they asked you to use multi-factor
authentication method foo, since method bar is less secure and after a
while they drop foo, because it was terrible insecure and recommend
to use method bar, claiming it is as a brand-new method, which actually
isn't brand-new and was blamed to be less secure than foo in the past.

Regarding secure boot, actually the FBI still lock up Windows machines
and the FBI unlocks those machines, if the users pay a fee to unlock the
machines.

In short, a locked steel door does not increase security, if you still
place a ladder below the opened window. It's just window dressing.