19.04 upgrade problems

Richard Kimber richardkimber at politicsresources.net
Fri Apr 26 10:54:48 UTC 2019

On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 10:42:33 +0100
Colin Watson <cjwatson at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 09:25:39AM +0100, Richard Kimber wrote:
> > sudo apt -f install just gives a help list - is this the correct
> > command?
>
> I've tested this on 19.04 and it works for me.  Please post a full
> unedited transcript of the output, including the command you typed.

~/>sudo apt -f install
apt
Usage: apt command [options]
       apt help command [options]

Commands:
autoclean	- Erase old downloaded archive files
autoremove	- Remove automatically all unused packages
build     	- Build binary or source packages from sources
build-dep	- Configure build-dependencies for source packages
changelog	- View a package's changelog
check    	- Verify that there are no broken dependencies
clean    	- Erase downloaded archive files
contains  	- List packages containing a file
content   	- List files contained in a package
deb      	- Install a .deb package
depends  	- Show raw dependency information for a package
dist-upgrade	- Perform an upgrade, possibly installing and
removing packages download   	- Download the .deb file for a
package dselect-upgrade	- Follow dselect selections
held		- List all held packages
help     	- Show help for a command
hold		- Hold a package
install   	- Install/upgrade packages
policy   	- Show policy settings
purge    	- Remove packages and their configuration files
rdepends 	- Show reverse dependency information for a package
reinstall	- Download and (possibly) reinstall a currently
installed package remove   	- Remove packages
search   	- Search for a package by name and/or expression
show     	- Display detailed information about a package
source   	- Download source archives
sources   	- Edit /etc/apt/sources.list with nano
unhold		- Unhold a package
update   	- Download lists of new/upgradable packages
upgrade  	- Perform a safe upgrade
version  	- Show the installed version of a package
			This apt has Super Cow Powers

--
Richard Kimber