Has anyone dual booted windows with ubuntu 18.04?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Apr 19 17:27:30 UTC 2019

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 12:33:03 -0400, Little Girl wrote:
>Hey there,
>
>Liam Proven wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 at 07:14, Steve Quezadas <steveeq1 at gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>>>
>>> I want to dualboot windows with ubuntu 18.04. However, I also want
>>> my ubuntu partition encrypted
>>
>>OMG, *why?!*
>
>Please don't behave this way when someone asks for help.

>>How about just an encrypted /home partition? That's substantially
>>easier and effectively just as secure.

Hi,

I don't have knowledge regarding encrypted partitions, but to me it
makes sense to recommend separating /home/ and as the case
my be other sensitive data partitions from the root partition, to
encrypt /home/ and as the case my be other sensitive data
partitions only, instead of encrypting everything. Encrypting
everything seems to be the cause for trouble and even if it
shouldn't cause trouble, it would be way more that needs to be
decrypted. To me it seems to be plausible reasoning and if so, a valid
help.

Happy Easter!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym-k5viJ7tA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYkbqzWVHZI