What's the best way to test mainline Ubuntu without destroying my Kubuntu install?

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 21:00:45 UTC 2019

On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 at 17:30, Christopher Patti <feoh at feoh.org> wrote:

> Thanks for your response.
>
> Pardon the stupid question but will that overwrite my current GRUB configuration or simply add a new entry to boot Ubuntu/Gnome?

Not stupid at all.  It will add a new one to the boot list.  The
default will be the new one and the original will be an option.  To
put the default back to the original (with the new one an option) boot
into the original and run
sudo grub-install /dev/sda   # assuming that sda is the boot drive
sudo update-grub

Colin