Disco Dingo (Final) and Fedora 29 (Workspace Edition) - Dell Dimension E520

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 17:47:21 UTC 2019

Hi,

So I had this Dell Tower PC running Fedora 29 WSE. Decided to install Disco
Dingo (Final) - DDF for short - alongside it.

The installer worked OK. The hard drive partitions were rearranged neatly.
All seemed well in the world. Then, suddenly, DDF stopped booting. After a
while I seemed to narrow down the problem to Fedora doing "something" to
the hard drive. I eventually got the solution - boot into Ubuntu
maintenance, get to the root prompt and run update-grub.

I also edited /etc/default/grub to comment out the line:-
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
and ran update-grub again.

I am going to test DDF on a dedicated Dell tower, just in case.

HTH,

Ian

-- Free Software page -
https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software