Outlook installation

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Apr 11 02:05:53 UTC 2019

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 13:32:51 -0700, rikona wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 14:22:53 +0200
>Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
>> https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2019/04/09/heres-the-shocking-reality-of-completely-blocking-google-from-your-life
>
>Wow - that is a very interesting article. Thanks for the post. And her
>other articles are equally interesting - and disturbing. I didn't
>realize the magnitude of the issue...

I don't ban Google. I'm using 3 services. Actually I found out that
the devil's search engine is the best search engine, alternatives such
as DuckDuckGo can't compete with Google, they fail already when
searching in English and they completely fail when searching in German.
Marbel can't compare to Google Earth. Google Chrome is the only way on
a Linux machine to get access to everything really needed from the
Internet. To really understand what I mean, install IceCat, the
absolute other extreme http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/, it shows
best the real issues with the Internet, since it isn't Google. Using
IceCat most of the Internet becomes unusable, including a lot of GNU
content. OTOH if I'm willing to give up the Google search engine,
Google Earth and Google Chrome, I unlikely would have to suffer from
anything else. I don't use Uber and Lyft apps, I don't listen to music
via Spotify etc., I even don't own a mobile phone at all. I'm using an
iPadPro, but it is used for audio productions and should be used for
drawing in the future, too. I already own an Apple Pencil 2 , but had
no time to draw until now. And no, I don't use the Apple Cloud. Google
is the devil, but there are way more serious issues regarding Internet
access than Google.

Apropos dealing with the devil:
Roger's Guitar Solo - American Dad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZPT103UUDs

I'm serious about IceCat. I've got IceCat installed on Ubuntu and Arch
Linux. It's easy to do, even while it is not available by official
Ubuntu repositories. Test using IceCat only and you'll notice a lot more
issues than a few trackers and Google thingies. That Google is that bad,
because it is that successful, doesn't mean that all the other are less
evil than Google or that it's less dangerous, if you only ban Google
from your live.

Google is evil, but don't focus too much just on Google. Have a look
around! I'm not talking about Instagram and all that crap, nobody
should use anyway. IceCat has got valid reasons to make access to some
websites impossible, websites you consider to be friendly, no Google
involved.