Outlook installation

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Wed Apr 10 21:31:37 UTC 2019

On 10/04/2019 17:31, Liam Proven wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 at 16:20, Peter Flynn <peter at silmaril.ie> wrote:
>>
>> This is good if you need to read older files. 2003 was the first version
>> to use XML, and it used WordML rather than OOXML and saved a .xml file
>> instead of .docx
>
> No, that was 2007. The XML file formats go along with the Ribbon interface.

I think 2007 was the first to use OOXML and save as .docx

The 2003 copy handed out (all 8 CDs :-) to delegates at the XML
Conference in Philadelphia used WordML and saved a .xml file, but
perhaps that was a preview, not the live 2003 release.

Moot anyway, as I threw out the disks after testing the XML software
(mostly rubbish because it only worked with W3C XSDs and assumed you
were using XML for rectangular data, whereas real-life XML is text
documents).