Outlook installation

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Wed Apr 10 14:28:40 UTC 2019

On 10/04/2019 14:35, Liam Proven wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 at 15:16, compdoc <compdoc at hotrodpc.com> wrote:
>>
>> I used Outlook for about 10 years and still support it for customers. It
>> has some great features, but the calendar is one of the most used.
>
> Agreed. This is the killer feature -- the integrated address book and
> calendar along with email. No other company offers anything quite like
> it.

Hiri provides it too.

FFS I sound like a walking advert :-) I just use the thing.

>> Thunderbird is faster than Outlook and in some ways works better, but
>> you have to take some time to learn how to use the gui.

I use Tbird for all my non-Exchange accounts, because it works in the
traditional manner like all other email clients do (including the
Outlook Express that used to be shipped with Windows, and maybe still
is). It does almost everything, and there are plugins for almost
everything else. Its editor is not the best, but then email editors are
universally horrible except for Emacs RMAIL :-) Tbird also makes it
trivial to move messages between accounts by dragging and dropping them.

The only thing really missing is the ability to re-thread replies that
were sent by poorly-written mailers or poorly-trained users: the ones
which pop up as new threads even though they have Re: and an existing
subject. Fortunately I still run mutt which will fix this for you.