Outlook installation

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 10:40:38 UTC 2019

(Please could you trim your replies a bit more? It would *really* help
readability...)

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 at 12:11, Mike Marchywka <marchywka at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is there anything I can use to download my hotmail? I've recently become
> aware that hotmail uses about 200-300M just to display maybe 50 text subject
> line in chromium even before spawning off another 100-200M of ad subframes.
> On a system with less than a Gb of memory this means nothing runs. I guess I could
> just say I need more memory but it is annoying not having any idea what it could possibly
> do usefully with all that memory especially when the "mail" command and text ads would
> work better. I have an old 'dohs install with outlook 2007 and "outlook connector" and
> want to download all my mail but it never seems to work reliably.

Sure, the settings are widely publicised:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-oapps/imap-smtp-servers-for-hotmailcom/76e2f1b6-b01d-4686-9640-5760c322063e

This one also reminds you that you need to enable IMAP/POP3 access
inside Hotmail itself first:

https://www.betterhostreview.com/hotmail-pop-imap-smtp-settings.html

Or:

https://www.limilabs.com/blog/hotmail-imap-pop3-smtp-settings

I just Googled "hotmail imap settings".

Me personally, I have Gmail retrieve my Hotmail (and Yahoo mail) into
labelled folders using POP3. This means 2 levels of spam filtering,
another bonus.

Then on my Mac, the default Mail.app synchs my Gmail inbox to a local
copy in case of disaster...