Outlook installation

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Apr 10 09:47:46 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-04-10 at 11:35 +0200, Liam Proven wrote:

Notably, GNOME Evolution is quite Outlook-like in operation and I

think it has a connector plugin for Exchange, but this requires either

MAPI or OWA (or both) to be installed/enabled on the Exchange server.

Evolution certainly does work with Exchange. I use it all the time with our Exchange 2010 system at work.

It needs the EWS (Exchange Web Services) plugin (package evolution-ews) to work. It has its quirks but works

really well for me.

And I didn't ask our Exchange admins to make any changes to accommodate my needs. I wouldn't

dare!

Regards,

Tony.

--

Tony Arnold MBCS, CITP | Senior IT Security Analyst | Directorate of IT Services | G64, Kilburn Building | The University of Manchester | Manchester M13 9PL | T: +44 161 275 6093 | M: +44 773 330 0039