Outlook installation

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 07:47:20 UTC 2019

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 at 08:11, Pin2 <pintooyadav15 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear team,
>
> I am using Ubuntu 18.04 and wanted to use ms outlook!  Is it possible??

There are several possible answers.

[1] No, not natively. Use the web version instead.

[2] You could try to run it using WINE. This may work; I use it to run
Word 97 and Word 2003 on my machines, because LibreOffice doesn't have
an outliner. (And the control keys for the menus don't work in LO on
Ubuntu, making it painful to use for me)

[3] If normal free WINE doesn't work, try CrossOver Office.

[4] If even CrossOver can't run the version you want, then run a
Windows VM in Virtualbox (or other hypervisor) and install Outlook in
there. But this means all of the performance and security problems of
real Windows.)