Settings

Bob ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net
Sun Sep 30 06:34:53 UTC 2018

** Reply to message from Chris Pollock <cpollock at embarqmail.com> on Sat, 29 Sep
2018 15:32:53 -0500

> On Sat, 2018-09-29 at 11:59 -0700, Bob wrote:
> > I am running Ubuntu 18.04.1 with no customizations
> >
> > Where did the settings get move to as they are no longer on the
> > settings icon?
> >
> > Yesterday I had the system set up the way I wanted it.  An update was
> > done and
> > now today the configuration of the monitors has changed.  I went to
> > settings to
> > change it back to the way I wanted and the settings are no longer
> > there.  I
> > also want to change the settings for system updates but they also
> > seem to have
> > been moved somewhere else.
> >
> > This is reminding me of MS where every update they change where
> > things are
> > located and do not care about the users.  It appears the the Linux
> > developers
> > are following MS and ignoring the users needs.
> >
> Pardon the direct message however it seems like my posts are not making
> it to the list. Try this:
>
> In an empty window right click your mouse you should see "Change
> Backgro
> und, Display Setting,and Settings"

Now that brought up a completely different settings dialog, one with more
options then I get by either clicking the settings icon or typing settings in
the search field.  Maybe a user error, mine.

Now I need to fix the location of the data on the screen.  On the external
monitor the data has shifted to the left about 5/8 of an inch so you can not
read all the screen.

--
Robert Blair

A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money.  -- G. Gordon Liddy