Canon MP272 printer on 18.04

REUBY Dianne d.reuby at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 26 08:12:38 UTC 2018

I've been looking at this again, CUPS lists the printer, showing it as idle, and using CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.11 (CUPS 2.2.7).
This is my error message when printing from LibreOffice: "The PPD version (5.2.11) is not compatible with Gutenprint 5.2.13. Please run `/usr/sbin/cups-genppdupdate' as administrator."
Before I start messing with things I don't understand I thought I'd ask for advice!
TIA